School Safety and Security Committee
The Fairfield Police Department officially announces the continuation of our Community Services Partnership with the Fairfield Home School Association (HSA). The School Safety & Security Committee meetings will be held immediately after the monthly HSA Meeting to discuss issues related to school safety and security. There will be speakers planned at some of the meetings to bring new information or to answer questions.
The committee was kicked off during the February 2009 meeting of the Fairfield Home School Association (HSA) after numerous parents and educators expressed an interest in working with the Police Department regarding potential school safety and security concerns. During this HSA meeting, members of the Police Department provided a short presentation relating to the history of school violence and some practical tips for parents to discuss with their children.
Persons interested in attending meetings and/or becoming involved in this committee should contact:
UPCOMING MEETINGS SCHEDULE:
- Thursday, September 13, 2012 @ 730 pm
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 @ 10 am
- Tuesday, November 20, 2012 @ 10 am
- Wednesday, December 12, 2012 @ 730 pm
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 @ 10 am
- Thursday, February 21, 2013 @ 10 am
- Thursday, March 14, 2013 @ 730 pm
- Thursday, April 18, 2013 @ 10 am
- Thursday, May 23, 2013 @ 730 pm
- Thursday, June 13, 2013 @ 730 pm
The HSA meetings are held in the Churchill School Library – 233 Fairfield Road, on the dates and times listed above. Following the HSA meeting, a short presentation and/or an opportunity to ask questions will be afforded. All are welcome to attend!
- Call our tips hotline: (973) 227-9290
Please call 2-1-1 to report any suspicious activities
Fairfield Police has been involved with the Special Olympics for over 15 years. [learn more]