Since 2007, The Fairfield Police Department has been a State Accredited Agency through the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police Accreditation Program. The Fairfield Police Department was the first Agency in Essex County to be accredited through this State program.
Accreditation is a progressive and time-proven way of helping law enforcement agencies calculate and improve their overall performance. The foundation of the Accreditation program lies in the adoption of 112 standards representing best practices in all facets of law enforcement operations. In 2005, the Fairfield Police Department began a thorough self-analysis to determine how existing operations could be adapted to meet these standards. This required the re-writing of policies and procedures, changes in administrative, investigative and field operations and extensive training of both civilian and sworn personnel. When this analysis was complete, a team of trained assessors conducted an “on-site” review, verified that applicable standards had been successfully implemented and subsequently the Department was awarded accredited status.
Owing to the ever changing and dynamic nature of law enforcement however, this award is not the end of the process as the Department must be Re-Accredited every three years to ensure continued compliance. The Department is currently preparing for its next “on-site”. Accreditation status represents a significant professional achievement.
Accreditation acknowledges the implementation of policies and procedures that are conceptually sound and operationally effective.
The Fairfield Police Department benefits from this process in the following ways:
- Ensures a sense of well being and safety in the hearts and minds of members of our community
- Assures governmental leaders and residents of the highest level of quality of Law Enforcement services
- Provides the ability for the agency to analyze and continually improve its delivery of services, measure and mitigate risk management, administer consistent discipline, and insulate itself against civil litigation
- Provides assurance the members of the Fairfield Police Department are trained and are functioning in line with established departmental policies and procedures based on national best practices
- Provides discount on liability insurance coverage
- Makes our jurisdiction more attractive to economic and community development
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are solidly documented in written form
- Facilitates a solid, ongoing review of the agency's status and readiness
For more information about the Accreditation Program administered by the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police, Click Here.
Officer in Charge
- Lieutenant Richard Filipow
- Detective Robert Sanger
- Officer Christopher Andrews
- Officer David Chabay
Pennsylvania Trio Charged with Possessing Marijuana Intended for DistributionFairfield, N.J.-The Fairfield Police Department announces the arrest of John Bensley (20) of Milford, PA., Jessy Martucci (18) of Matamoras, PA. and Tyler Gallini (27) of Shohola, PA. for possession of...Read More...
- Call our tips hotline: (973) 227-9290
Please call 2-1-1 to report any suspicious activities
Fairfield Police has been involved with the Special Olympics for over 15 years. [learn more]