Fairfield (NJ) The Township of Fairfield is dealing with a number of storm-related issues as a result of Tropical Storm Isaias. At 12:31 PM, officers responded to a residence on Henrietta Drive after it was reported that a large evergreen tree fell onto the house. Officers found that a tree had severely damaged a second floor bedroom. The house was occupied at the time of the incident and one of the residents received a minor injury.
As of 7:30 PM, police officers were monitoring the following locations because of power outages or due to live wires with trees in the roadway:
· Traffic signal out at the intersection of Passaic Avenue & Little Falls Road
· Low wires at 330 Fairfield Road
· Wires down near 198 Horseneck Road
· Wires down near 5 Jocine Drive
· Wires down on Clinton Road near the West Caldwell border
“While the township has experienced a wide amount of damage and power outages, we are extremely thankful that no one was seriously injured during this weather event” said Chief Anthony G. Manna.
Authorized by: Chief Anthony Manna